- New weapons – New dual wielding Splat Dualies join the action, complete with a new Dodge Roll move. Mainstays like the Splat Roller and Splat Charger have also been remixed to include new gameplay mechanics and brand new special weapons.
- Local and Online Multiplayer – In a first for the series, compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles, whether in TV mode or on the go in handheld or tabletop modes. Online battles also make a return.
- New ways to play – Play using the Joy Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, both of which allow for gyro controls for better aiming and control.
- Smart Device Support – With the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app***, you can use SplatNet to access enhanced matchmaking, voice chat options, battle statistics, and more!
- Turf War Iconic 4 vs. 4 Turf War battles return – The goal is to splat ink on as much territory as possible, while strategically submerging yourself in your team’s colors and blasting your enemies.